SC - Sauce question

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 26 04:11:46 PDT 2000

I would recommend finding a dealcoholized wine for this situation.  reverse osmosis removes the alcohol of a fermented actual wine.  Cost may be an issue, though I do not know what the cost will run in your neck of thw woods,  If this is not practical, then I would recommend preparing the sauce as redacted ahead of time, prior to arrival on site, and reheat there.  A caes (albeit a fairl;y weak one) can be made that the alcohol cooks out of the sauce when heated.

niccolo

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> I'd like to do this sauce as one of the options for the roast at our fall feast.
Recipe 49: Swallenberg SauceRecipe 49: Swallenberg Sauce
copyright 1995 Alia Atlas <<<SNIP>>>
  But I have a problem.  The site is bone dry.  Even cooking with wine could
lead to legal ramifications.  Can I substitute grape juice and have a
palatable sauce?  Alvira