SC - toys for tot feast

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 18:19:12 PDT 2000

- --- AlviraMacD at aol.com wrote:
> the fish is my only big ticket item and I'm thinking
> that it will go to being
> a pasty and I'll serve the wondeours chicken loaf in
> the same remove.
> Some day I'll have the budget to do my Flesh, Fish
> and Fowl feast!  : )
> Alvira

Late August and most of September are when the Salmon
swim upstream to spawn.  It is usually the time when
it is cheapest to buy salmon.  Several years ago, I
was the Head Cook for Caid's 12th Night, which is in
mid-January.  I found an ad for whole salmon for $1
per lb that Sept. prior.  Since I was feeding 300, I
bought 100 lb and froze it, until just before I needed
it.  It froze very well, and the salmon was a big hit,
even amongst the non-fish eaters.  If you have access
to a goodly amount of freezer space and don't want to
bust your budget, start looking thru the ads in
August.  It is the best way to get a good deal.

Huette