SC - SCA Jokes OT

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 13:01:07 PDT 2000

Since I appear to have offended one or two of my
Laurel cousins, I wish to prove that I am an equal
opportunity offender and I submit these jokes to
offend the rest of you ...

Huette

1) How many SCA people does it take to change a light
bulb at an indoor event?

Answer: 7

One to notice the problem and run to tell the site
autocrat.

One site autocrat to find a ladder and hold the light
bulb.

Four volunteers to turn the ladder.

One old-timer to point out that in the old days they
used to turn the ladder counterclockwise.

2) How many Pelicans does it take to change a light
bulb at an indoor event?

150

1 to hold the light bulb.

149 to turn the building.

3) How many Knights does it take to change a light
bulb?

None, that's what they have squires for.

4) How many squires does it take to change a light
bulb?

How many squires do I have????

5) How many Queens does it take to change a light
bulb?

1 to hold the bulb while the world revolves around
her.

6) How many Kings does it take to change a light bulb?

1, but he will have to make two announcements of this
change in court and one in writing in the local
newsletter, before it becomes valid.

7) How many Heralds does it take to change a light
bulb?

First you have to submit the proper paperwork in order
to change anything, along with the appropriate fee,
along with several pages of documentation to prove
that the light bulb is a period charge and five copies
(three in color, two in black and white) of what you
think the new light bulb should look like.  Then you
should submit this to your local herald to submit this
to Kingdom, and if passed, who will submit the change
to Laurel, and if passed, then will return the
approved change to you several years later.

Answer:  I lost count ...