SC - Sauce question

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 18:27:07 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/27/00 2:22:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
margaret at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<< When in doubt DON'T. Margarite >>

Or simply precook the dish containing the alcohol. Despite the posts to the
contrary any residual alcohol left in a cooked dish is so minute as to be
nonexistent for all intent and purposes. If those foods are forbidden then
yeast based breads should also be forbidden since alcohol is the natural by
product of all yeast activity.

Actually, our shire has used several sites which are 'bone' dry but have
never been forbidden the use of cooking wine. I would suspect that either the
people in charge did not ask about cooking alcohol while providing recipes,
etc., or that someone read the contract or heard the owner say alcohol was
not allowed and used their power to make inappropriate decisions without
pursuing the exception for the kitchen. This happens all too often in the SCA
and it would not surprise me if such were the case in this situation.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/