SC - Ciao, Cella!

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Jul 28 10:25:48 PDT 2000

'Cello,
	Ciao!  Allow me the audacity of dispensing with titles at the start, as
it is so difficult to truly embrace a fellow cook, and admit them into
the sanctuary we call The Rock (a humble place, found on the grounds of
the Temple of the Flaming Salamander, that impressive edifice just over
there, with the statues of stern-looking cooks at the top).  You will
find much irreverance here on this list, as well as a great deal of
heated debate over that ever-fascinating subject, food.
	Allow me to introduce you (if you have not already met) to Lord Stephan
li Rous, keeper of Stephan's Florilegium.  In it, Ld. Stephan keeps track
of all that we say (well, the interesting bits, anyway) and files it all
under easy-to-reference names so that you can go and see what has been
said on a variety of topics, not all of them food, as Stephan has long
ears.  I dare say, if you have not started your research in the
Florilegium, you should do so without delay.  The address of this wonder
is www.florilegium.com.  Bookmark it now, you will be using it later.
	As a time period and theme for your feast, you have chosen very well.
We constantly debate the New World/Old World topic, and very often the
whole matter can be settled by the kind of parameter you have set up.  I
applaud you in your endeavors to find out just what was eaten, and what
was not.
	Welcome to the Cook's List, we are an amiable bunch (mostly) and are
definitely passionate about our food.
	Christianna
	(Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, soon to be OL, Meridies)