SC - Dandy lion, just dandy

Jennifer L Sweet minxkitten at juno.com
Fri Jul 28 14:09:33 PDT 2000

hail the list,
please be patient with me as i still have enormous backlog of files to
read thru.  I noticed references to wine recipes and if you would like,
my husband has several from his grandmother, two of which are dandelion.
In his opinion, such wine is revolting but then he is a mead drinker and
not big on most other wines.  His notebook is currently misplaced, but if
you would like, i could prioritize finding it and bring it to pennsic.
Another note on the eating side of this plant; if you pluck unopened
flowerheads and boil them in two removes of water (i think it was 15 min.
in all) then add some cheese or cheese sauce, you get something akin to
cheesy brussel sprouts.  Did this in college and the whole dorm loved it,
til they knew what they'd eaten.
Branwen, camping with Tygre Marie at n-5 on the serenghetti (sp?)