SC - Watering the crops, but the lawn's dead <g>

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Jul 28 21:39:58 PDT 2000

Yeah, we have sidewalks, but not in my part of town! *sigh* 'Course,
there's always the microwave, but in this heat, who has an appetite for
anything except a salad and a margarita?
We're not on water rationing, thank god, but there are some 50 fires in
the state, not to mention all the smoke and crud drifting over the state
border with Idaho (only a couple of hours away), which has some major
fires.  No rain in sight.  Temps in the mid/high 90s here for a LONG
time (yeah, I know that seems like child's play to some of you, but it's
HOT for us!)
Do you guys in Austin get humid heat or dry heat? My Texas geography
kinda breaks down when you leave the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- --Maire, who doesn't have to mow her lawn...it died!