SC - Ciao, Cella!

Jeff Brainard marcocaprioli at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 23:35:06 PDT 2000

I've been in touch with Stephan already and have had a draft of a
semi-exhaustive article on the making of yppocras for about a year now
(I'm splitting the year between two residences--school and my parents'.
Thank you though. Just as a side note, though, ending a word in Italian
with an "a" feminizes it and ciao is a farewell. I have noticed that
this list is much less formal than the scribes' list or the Academy of
St. Gabriel. It's a nice change. I'd love to ramble, but it's time for
this garb-horse to go to bed.

Cello

- --- Christine A Seelye-King <mermayde at juno.com> wrote:
> 'Cello,
> 	Ciao!  Allow me the audacity of dispensing with titles at the start,
> as
> it is so difficult to truly embrace a fellow cook, and admit them
> into
> the sanctuary we call The Rock (a humble place, found on the grounds
> of
> the Temple of the Flaming Salamander, that impressive edifice just
> over
> there, with the statues of stern-looking cooks at the top).  You will
> find much irreverance here on this list, as well as a great deal of
> heated debate over that ever-fascinating subject, food.
> 	Allow me to introduce you (if you have not already met) to Lord
> Stephan
> li Rous, keeper of Stephan's Florilegium.  In it, Ld. Stephan keeps
> track
> of all that we say (well, the interesting bits, anyway) and files it
> all
> under easy-to-reference names so that you can go and see what has
> been
> said on a variety of topics, not all of them food, as Stephan has
> long
> ears.  I dare say, if you have not started your research in the
> Florilegium, you should do so without delay.  The address of this
> wonder
> is www.florilegium.com.  Bookmark it now, you will be using it later.
>
> 	As a time period and theme for your feast, you have chosen very
> well.
> We constantly debate the New World/Old World topic, and very often
> the
> whole matter can be settled by the kind of parameter you have set up.
> applaud you in your endeavors to find out just what was eaten, and
> what
> was not.
> 	Welcome to the Cook's List, we are an amiable bunch (mostly) and are
> definitely passionate about our food.
> 	Christianna
> 	(Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, soon to be OL, Meridies)
>
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:24:44 -0700 (PDT) Jeff Brainard
> <marcocaprioli at yahoo.com> writes:
> > To all within the reaches of this the SCA cooks' list, from Signore
> > Marco di Caprioli, most magnanamous greetings.
> >
> > Firstly, I am commonly called Marcello here in Artemisia, which is
> > in turn made diminutive by many of my friends in the form of
> 'Cello.
> SCA-Cooks".

=====
Marcello di Caprioli, Ornament of Artemisia
Shire of Silver Keep
The Glorious Kingdom of Artemisia