Subject: Re: SC - Wafer recipes

Aelfwyn at aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Mon Jul 31 08:06:17 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/31/00 8:29:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Craig
Jones."writes:

<< I'm gonna work on the cheese and red wine wafer recipe till I get it
right...

We did wafers for our Northern Lights feast last spring. Used both the sweet
and savory recipes. I found that the savory (with cheese) one worked better
after the iron was well heated from having made about a hundred of the sweet
variety. My (okay on loan from my Mother-in-law) iron is an electric by
Villaware. I have also found that I can get a crisper wafer by using a
thinner batter consistency. Oh and they store better if sprinkled with some
granulated sugar in the sealed plastic baggie; less softening and sticking
together. Like Stefan and Drake, I'm still working on the fine art of wafer
making. Keep those recipe variations coming! I've learned that my husband's
Aunt has a nonelectric wafer maker and hope to compare notes with her after
Pennsic. She is Norwegian and makes 'em "like back home."
Aelfwyn