SC - Cressee webbed

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 2 19:01:02 PDT 2000

<<<The instructions say to roll out the pasta dough to the thickness of a finger, which I take to be about 3/8".  I'm not assuming that this is the same "finger" unit as in the Cuskynoles, which would be
somewhat more. But even at 3/8, it is pretty thick. It works reasonably well that way, but it occurred to me that one interesting
variant to try would be to roll the whole thing thin after it was
assembled but before it was boiled.  >>>>

Is it possible that 'roll out on a table" could actually mean in a rope configuration?  Then cut in strips the length of lathe used to weave a chair or some such?  I am thinking it would reduce the bulk  of the individual noodloid and provide a different finish?  It isn't so much a definite thing as the first impression that came to my mind when I read the translation.

Not having the illustration, I cannot really rectify the qurestion in my mind . . . I'm a visual sort of person.  I'll have to find a copy of that volume to look at.

niccolo