SC - pennsic menu- non-cooler, period recipes.

Jeff Heilveil heilveil at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 6 19:44:33 PDT 2000

Salut!
With a little more pre-planning this year, I have my pennsic menu (1.5
weeks) all set up.  To protect my Lady-Wife and I from our good friends on
this list the meals are not listed in the order they shall be cooked (Love
ya Jasmine, but we would hate to have it look like you timed your visits
to the menu... :-) ).  Lunches are often a shorted meal as we are often
out and about.

Breakfasts:
Poached Eggs (insweet wine andwith sugar spice and vinegar as per Platina)
Waffles (a couple of days, as we have different recipes...)
scrambled eggs
Brown Frys/Lost Bread
Pokerounce
Potage of Rys

Lunches:
Jerky
fruits
cheeses
sausages
stuffed eggs
White pie (Platina)
Lord's Salt and Bread

Dinners:
Alows de Beef (rolled, not ribs variety)
Steaks (with mustard as one should serve with salted meat)
Ravioli
Meat Roman Style (Platina)
Kid in Garlic (Platina)
Pork cuts (Platina)
Blancmange )TTEM)
White dish (Dumplings) (Platina)
Meat Pie (Platina)
Armoured Turnips and Pears in Wine Syrup
Appetizer of meat (Platina... period burgers, sort of...)

Somewhere in here will be a Stockfish meal, as I want to play with salting
fish and whatnot.  We are told that salted fish, like salted meat should
be served with mustard, so I'll probably do that.  All meats are salted,
except the Lord's salt snacking stuff.  I am also bored of snacking on
hais and hulwa and fine cakes as I have made them for the last two
pennsics and just don't feel like it.  It may dismay some of those with
whom we are camping, but ah well.  There is also going to be a lot of
marzipan coming along as that seems to be Caitlin's favorite food and we
can never seem to bring enough.  Drinks will consist of pomegranite drink,
lemon drink, water, and Mead (we make some of the BEST with Ld. Magod of
Glastonbury....  stop by for a taste of some of his finest.  I'm just his
pepperer.  If you haven't made a galingale mead, you haven't made
mead...).

I'm thinking of bringing my herbs live, but I only have a month left in
which to grow them...  Also, the bread is a slightly post period bread
recipe I got a long time ago from Bear that works wonderfully with Barm
and has a hard enough crust that very rarely does it get fuzzy.

Feel free to send me any suggestions, or questions.  DEFINITELY feel free
to show up and say hi.  I haven't tried all the recipes yet, which is one
of the reasons that there is an extra dinner listed, so it should be fun.
We're camping with House Freetrader, Lost Boys (northshield's), and the
Hrogn (Ealdomere) in E10.

Hopefully, someone will see how easy all of this is and also try
non-cooler camping.  I find that it is easier and cheaper than doing it
any other way.

In Service.
Cu drag,
Bogdan
Jeffrey Heilveil M.S.		      Ld. Bogdan de la Brasov, C.W.
Department of Entomology	A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent
University of Illinois
heilveil at uiuc.edu
office: (217) 244-5115
home: (217) 355-5702
ICQ: 34699710

Once one dismisses the rest of all possible worlds, one finds that this is
the best of all possible worlds.
				 -Voltaire, _Candide_