SC - Borrowing (was Ginestada)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jul 12 18:45:23 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/12/00 9:33:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bootkiller at hotmail.com writes:

<< I guess copyright was a pretty flexible thing back then... >>

Copyright, plagiarism and all the negative connotations which accompany it
are relatively modern ideas and really are irrelevant concepts when applied
to medieval writings. I am surprised that the use of these terms are
inappropriately applied to period manuscripts with regularity. Copying may be
a 'bad' thing now but it most certainly was NOT throughout almost the
entirety of SCA period.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/