SC - Cressee discussion summary

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jul 12 23:48:01 PDT 2000

Ras replied to me:
> stefan at texas.net writes:
> << I hope this gives you a reasonable summary of things. >>
>
> Yes, it did. Thanks. I would venture the opinion that more saffron is needed
> to make a more brilliant yellow. Given master Cariadoc's known aversion to
> saffron, it does not surprise me that his version was less colorful than he
> anticipated it would be.

Thanks, but how would you do the cheese? And which type would you use?
One of my thoughts had been that a more finely shredded cheese might
not hide the different colored pastas as much, but then I began to
wonder after looking at a print of a period grater that someone gave
the link to, whether the period graters would have grated much finer
than the shredded cheese that Master Cariadoc used.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net