SC - Hemp Canvas

Hupman, Laurie LHupman at kenyon.com
Fri Jul 14 08:19:39 PDT 2000

Stefan - How much would you consider reasonable for hemp canvas?  Dharma
Trading company sells it for $8.95 if you buy the whole bolt (110 yards).
Might be worth splitting a bolt with somebody.  They're online at
http://www.dharmatrading.com/hemp_fabrics.html.

Rose :)

- ------------------------------
<snip>

And this one in the TEXTILE ARTS section:
hemp-cloth-msg    (23K)  4/ 8/97    Cloth and clothing made with hemp
fibers.
  (I wish I could get hemp cloth and canvas in this country at a reasonable
price. Hemp canvas wears much better than cotton canvas. Unfotunately,
imported hemp canvas costs more than $12/yard. When you are talking the
amount needed for a period pavilion, that is a LOT more money. All because
of a bit of paranoia in Washington)

And for period (medieval and Renaissance) smoking of other herbs and
plants check this file in the PERSONAL CARE section:
smoking-msg       (18K)  4/ 1/99    Period smoking of tobacco and other
plants.
- - --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net