SC - Re: knives

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 17 09:01:40 PDT 2000

I've actually been pretty happy with the Chinese cleavers I've picked up
here and there.  They're stainless steel for the most part, and keep a good
edge.  I have two large ones which serve for most heavy-duty chopping, and a
small one for fine work. I can do everything from hacking apart carcasses to
fine brunoise with these things, and they tend to be substantially cheaper
than the high-quality ones on the market.  Look in restaurant-supply stores
or Asian grocery stores for them.

Vicente