SC - Knives

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Mon Jul 17 11:53:59 PDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> I want one that I can reliabley use in the kitchen to prepare food!

Years ago I used a balisong for most of my cooking. Not ideal, but it
actually had good^Wdecent steel and was convenient (flip open, chop
onions, rinse and wipe, flip closed :-). Then I used a handforged 6"
bowie knife (superb carbon steel). My point is that the right tools make
the job easier (sometimes *much* easier), but you can always prepare
food, even if all you have is a flint chard (works OK, but is not good
for things like carrots and won't last long).

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
No, he was *clearly* a Jew.  The blue skin and the wings give it away.
		-- Adam J. Thornton on the SW1 movie