SC - Re: Bread making Platina style (long)

Mon Jul 17 14:30:13 PDT 2000

Not necessarily, although it might be more correct historically.  We don't
really know what grade of flour was used in starters (I suspect they may
have had different starters for different qualities of bread).  It may be
worth some effort to experiment with a whole wheat starter to examine the
effects on the product.

Whole grain is not particularly critical to breadmaking, where it and malted
grain are very essential to Brandu's specialty of brewing.

Bear