SC - Turnip Pudding (Russian)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jul 17 22:11:47 PDT 2000

Yana asked:
> Need some advice here, please.  My experimental ten cent package of expired
> turnip seeds has taken over the garden and I have plenty of turnips to play
> with.  I have selected a recipe out of the Domostroi (from the
> just-out-of-period section) to try to unfold/redact/screw up.  Recipe
> follows, along with my questions.

Thanks for the recipe.

Perhaps some of the recipes in this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section
of the Florilegium can help you take care of the rest of your surplus:
turnips-msg       (33K) 12/ 8/99    Turnips in period. Recipes.

It's interesting that the surplus of garden produce always seems to be
in things like zucchini and turnips. How come the surplus isn't in
strawberries or onions? :-)
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net