SC - Feast for a King

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Jul 18 16:28:44 PDT 2000

My first reaction is that perhaps the response will be something like
something with the chemical breakdown of chocolate was found. And a
friend of mine has suggested that perhaps chocolate as an ingredient was
known during the time of Midas, and then lost in history again thereafter
to be rediscovered in late period.

> Lars

	Nope, I'm betting that since they did not find dessert - at least none
that they talk about in the article, the chocolate truffle is a way to
get the *GOLD* into the meal, tying the whole thing up with something
rich and visual at the end of the meal.  I don't think we'll find that
they have discovered the unknown uses of chocolate in 700BC, but that it
is a mere excuse to have something to serve the gold on.
	IMHO,
	Christianna