SC - Re: nonalcoholic drinks

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 19 08:55:55 PDT 2000

How about de Nola's "Clarea de Agua"?  I can't post the recipe because I'm
checking my account at work, and I don't have access at home.  As far as i
can remember, it starts off: "To an azumbre of water add four ounces of
honey..." then it calls for ginger, cinnamon and cloves, but I can't
remember the proportions.  An azumbre is equivalent to about 2 pints, and
the ounce is very close to a modern ounce.  I do remember the redaction I
did, though:

1 gallon water
16 oz honey
1 T ground ginger
2 cinnamon sticks, broken up
1 t cloves, bruised

Boil the water and honey together, skim off the foam, then remove from the
heat.  Add the spices and steep until the desired balance of flavors is
achieved.  It's very refreshing stuff.

Vicente