SC - The Perfect Feast

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jul 20 20:46:04 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/20/00 4:16:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rygbee at montana.com writes:

<< SO -- what would you serve? >>

What would I serve? I would serve a totally accurate period feast so far as
the conditions and available foodstuffs permitted and so far as my ability to
redact period recipes accurately is concerned. I have always done so and will
always continue to do so. I also do this without regard to what i 'think' my
feasters will enjoy. My feasts have, without exception been very well
received and always sell out in advance.

I suppose the biggest 'faux pax' that has ever occurred at a feast of my
making was when a flaming boar's head was set down in front of a vegetarian.

I don't know how long you have been on the list but most folks here can well
attest to the fact that I am one of the biggest horns blasting away at the
fact that period, historical accurate feasts are indeed very tasty and not at
all repugnant ion any form. I am sorry that my post gave you that impression.

More accurately I do not ask what my diners want to eat, do not consider
modern tastes in feast planning, do not compromise recipes to avoid
testicles, brains, or any other 'unusual' ingredients and can be considered a
bible thumper in regard to advocating totally period feasts under most
circumstances.

Many of my recipes are on the Net if you would like to do a search for them.
I post almost all my feast recipes to this forum for other peoples use.
Unfortunately, my organizational skills are minimal so i can seldom  pull a
recipe out the air when requested. :-(

Hope this helps you understand me a little better. :-)

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/