SC - Re: A fennel question

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 21 10:00:46 PDT 2000

As I recall, when the heads of bushy stuff is chopped off, it is called
fennel root when merchanted.  If they leave the bushy stuff on it is
referred to as anise (which is actually the seed but the bushy stuff can be
dried and stored and used in place of the seed or as tea or flavoring for
rock candy, etc.
olwen