SC - Re: Drought and heat

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Jul 23 11:02:20 PDT 2000

Well, in the Valley of the Sun, we've had a week of highs over 110 degrees F.
That's 44 degrees C.  Nighttime lows are about twenty degrees lower.
Humidity is getting high, for us, too.  Dewpoints over around 55 mean the
evaporative coolers don't cool very well.  We've had very little rain so far
this monsoon season, but we've still got about two months of it.  Average
rainfall in SunDragon (Glendale and Western Phoenix) is a bit over seven and
a half inches annually. In the Sonoran desert, it's about nine inches
annually.  We've had less than two inches since Sept. 15, 1999.
I know the drought in the SouthEast is serious, but if we were 12 1/2 inches
under, we'd have piped 5 inches somewhere else.
Highland's War, an annual event in the Ered Sul area (Flagstaff) was
postponed from it's usual June date to next week because the forest was
closed to campers until they got some rain due to the fire hazard.  Northern
Atenveldt did get some in the last month, but it hasn't come this far south,
yet.

Food content:
My tomatoes withered and died about two months ago, the pepper plant is still
alive, but it isn't blooming.

Mordonna The DRY Cook
SunDragon, Atenvledt