SC - Help - Dangerous Herbs

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 23 21:21:06 PDT 2000

Lady Katherine McGuire commented:
>   Anything in the Mandrake family.

I was wondering about Mandrake, but I wasn't sure. I think the first
place I ever heard of Mandrake was in one of those medieval movies. a
rather brutally realistic one - Blood and something???  Anyway, for
more info on the medieval thought on this plant see:
mandrake-art       (9K)  2/24/99    "Hildegard van Bingen's treatise on
the use
                                       of mandrake" translated by
Cairistiona
                                       nic Bhraonnaguinn.

(In the PLANT, HERBS AND SPICES section of my files).

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net