SC - Gallstones are NOT bile...

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Jul 24 05:57:17 PDT 2000

> I've also heard it compared to childbirth, which I've not had the
> fortune to experience, although I did put up with the gallbladder
> attacks for a year before having it taken care of...thought it was
> stress and an ulcer.  And yeah, the stones are related to too much
> cholesterol in your diet, as well as a high-fat diet.  *sigh* so much
> for eggs fried in butter! <g>

Actually, gallbladder attacks have a high heredity factor. (Most doctors
believe that it is only women who are fat, fourty, and have a high
cholesterol intake that get them, but I know too many under-30's who had
to have the surgery-- including me-- to believe that. Gallstone attacks
often happen to the victims when high-fat food is eaten, because that's
when the gallbladder is trying to push out bile. However, one of my oldest
friends started having gallbladder attacks at 18, was misdiagnosed with
'food allergies' and cut everything out of her diet that gave her
attacks... by the time, 3 years later, that her boyfriend's roomate took
her to the hospital because she was vomiting blood, she was down to boiled
green beans and boiled chicken. And she had over 200 gallstones.)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"Scratch a lover and find a foe." -- Dorothy Parker