SC - cosmetics

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jul 25 00:28:09 PDT 2000

Lainie declared:
> Marathon Mascara by Covergirl is nearly impervious. I've been wearing it
> for close to twenty years- you have to take it off.

I do hope you take it off at least once a week, though. :-)

Just kidding. I know you do. Your pictures look too good for you
not to be doing such.

However, I heard that Queen Elizabeth I didn't. Just kept adding more
white lead when the layer cracked or her skin started being affected.
Or is this just urban legend?

There is a little bit on period cosmetics in these files in the PERSONAL
CARE section of my files:
cosmetics-msg      (8K) 10/ 6/99    Period cosmetics.
Handcream-art     (16K)  6/ 5/00    "Handcream" by Constance de LaRose.
handcream-msg      (9K)  2/10/97    Medieval lotions and handcreams. recipes.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net