SC - Barley (OOP...cold cereal)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 17:33:41 PDT 2000

- --- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
> pat fee wrote:
> >
> > I think what you are refering to is called "sugar
> smaks"  Its logo was Sugar
> > Bear a teddy bear like talking spoks model.
>
> I believe that was "Sugar Crisp" (pop <ahem> culture
> strikes again). The
> bear was loosely modelled on Bing Crosby, I think.
>
> If only my mind were full of useful things!
>
> Adamantius

Yes, I found a nifty website that lists all the cereal
logos.  Post's Sugar Crisp has the bear and Kellogg's
Sugar Smacks had a lot of different logos.  There was
a website with commercial scripts and had one where
the cast from the TV show "Superman" does a Sugar
Smacks commercial.  The box that they were holding had
a clown face on it.  I found a website for "Dr. Who"
and in the 1970's in Britain, there was a "Dr. Who"
box for Sugar Smacks.

Huette