SC - Re: Sour Doh question!!!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jul 25 22:02:42 PDT 2000

Balthazar,

Do you mean buy some uncooked commercial sourdough dough? Or do you mean
some commercial sourdough bread? Doesn't the baking kill the yeast if
the latter? For the former, where would you buy such an item?

How long will the yeast stay active in the sourdough dough if I can
find some? Or is this something you buy frozen?

Thanks.
  Stefan

> << I took what was there and froze it, hoping to add it to the starter I will
>  try to find and then have some of  my own. For Pennsic, I'm just going to
> buy
>  some sourdough bread from a good baker.
>   >>

> Buy a piece of commercial sourdough and chuck it into the starter when you
> get back...
>
> Balthazar of Blackmoor
> (who has used this method with fair success a few times)

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net