SC - Smithsonian dinner

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jul 26 04:35:45 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/25/2000 6:01:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
KallipygosRed at aol.com writes:

I said, regarding soy sauce:
<< > OK, fine, it's not a "New World Food".  But it sure as h*** wasn't used
in
 >  medieval European cooking, which was my point.

Lars replied:
<< Ah, you can though if your "persona" supports it. My son is a Chinese
 traveller seeking to find the edges of the world, and so has packed his kit
 and headed out on ship. Consequently, he may have brought some with him....
 (SCA way of getting around the facts....) :) >>

Of course you can, if you want to.  But we were talking about a magazine
article which was supposed to be about medieval European foods and which
included soy sauce amongst the ingredients of one of the "medieval-style"
recipes which accompanied the article.  Hence my original comment.

Personally, I don't like "SCA ways of getting around the facts" - what I want
is the facts, not excuses to eat what I like in the mundane world.

Brangwayna Morgan