SC - Bacon Slicer

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 26 11:38:41 PDT 2000

Steve Brooks wrote:

> I am looking (as a favour) for information pertaining to mechanical bacon
> slicing devices that can be found on the web, preferably a picture.  Can
> anyone help, preferably pre 19th Century, so apologies for the slightly
> later than medieval request.
>
> Steve Brooks

Working from memory here, but the only thing I have ever heard of in
connection with the term "bacon slicer", other than a simple large
knife, and possibly a specific large knife used for slicing lard in
France prior to the Revolution, has been a gizmo that may be 19th
century, vaguely resembling a cheese slicer. It has a sort of guide bar
attached to it, to aid in getting even slices. I have nothing in the way
of documenting this, though, it's just a vague memory.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com