SC - SCA Jokes OT

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 27 20:00:57 PDT 2000

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> I don't know, dear, this Laurel cousin got a kick out of it! We have a
> number of jokes about the differences between laurel, pelican, and chiv
> handshakes, etc.
> --Maire, who comes from a small enough kingdom that we hardly have 47
> peers, let alone 47 Laurels!

Yeah, my inclination is that while there are certain aspects of the
peerage in the SCA that should be taken very seriously, that's not the
same as saying the peerage should take itself utterly seriously all the time.

'Tis a great shame, it is, it is, when a dedicated person doing a fine
job that occasionally becomes rather silly is denied the sight of the
humorous side.

I'm utterly mystified as to what could have been construed as offensive
or indiscreet in this.

Adamantius

> Huette von Ahrens wrote:
> >
> > Since I appear to have offended one or two of my
> > Laurel cousins, I wish to prove that I am an equal
> > opportunity offender and I submit these jokes to
> > offend the rest of you ...
> >
> > Huette

- --
Phil & Susan Troy