SC - Re: A question of re-creation

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Fri Jul 28 08:23:56 PDT 2000

> These questions have bothered me too.First of all, let me state that I am not
> whining, I am very happy with the overall experience of particitpating and
> felt that the judges comments had valid points. I submitted an A&S entry on
> confits, and one of the comments was that I should have ground my sugar by
> hand in a mortar (I agreed, I actually had some sugar in a mortar that was
> ground by hand for display but the actually cooking quantity was done  by
> machine- I have tendonitis and carple tunnel(sp?) so it is not reasonable for
> me to hand grind much of anything if I want to hold a cup of coffee
> afterwards, this was explained in my documentation)
> I used various seeds and nuts as the medium of the confits. It was pointed
> out that I would have gotten higher marks had I grown my own seeds (ie,
> coriander and anise, fennel are all easily grown in my area.) I have actually
> taken to growing coriander for the next Kingdom A&S just to follow through.

*shrug* You know, it's a good thing I've been put off entering food in A&S
competitions already....

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the
	nuts work loose.
They do not preach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when
	they damn-well choose. " -Kipling, "The Sons of Martha"