SC - I'm not proud....HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Jul 29 14:26:36 PDT 2000

Black Jade wrote:

> -Various people wrote:
>

> >> Um, I'm a bit confused. Am I about to be told oats contain gluten? I
> >> thought not, or is it just that they contain much less than wheat, but
> >> still enough to be a problem for your baroness?
> >
> >I am not sure if this makes a difference, but the Baroness in question has
> >Coeliac disease.  Perhaps it is more than just gluten she can't eat?  (I am
> >sure that I have discussed this with her - but the information has gone
> >right out of my head.)
> >
> >Gwynydd
> >
> The condition our Baroness has does not allow her to eat ANY amount of
> gluten.  Which is what is making things difficult.  This I have been told
> and this is what makes it so hard.  If she was allowed small amounts there
> wouldn't have been a problem or a cry for help.
> -A'adeema

Okay, so can you give an example of foods that contain gluten and some
that don't? For that matter, wheat contains no gluten unless kneaded
with water, but I'm assuming that wheat is considered a primary no-no
anyway. I wouldn't knowingly suggest a gluten-filled food as a
substitute for another in a case like this, but it was, and is, honestly
unclear to me whether oats might be tolerable. You seem to have access
to this information, so perhaps you could share it and maybe we can
figure something out.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy