SC - herb information

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 30 22:09:27 PDT 2000

Branwen commented:
> hi, herbs are of great interest to me and i was wondering how one might
> get involved in your guild...  I'm up in erie,pa and this is something i
> could really get into.  I've been studying, freestyle, for eight years
> now, wild edibles and medicinal herbs.  but i don't consider myself very
> educated because i haven't dedicated alot of time so far.  Could you send
> me more info, please?  Thank you very much for any help you can
> provide...

Branwen, you may be well past the general level of the messages in these
files, but you might find some of the info and referances of use. These
are some of the files in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of my
Florilegium files. There are also a number of files on individual herbs
and spices.
herbs-msg         (85K) 12/ 7/99    Herbs used in period and how they
were used.
                                       Modern sources.
herb-uses-msg     (32K)  2/15/00    Uses for various herbs. Recipes.

And in the FOOD section:
herbs-cooking-msg (50K) 10/11/99    Period herbs used in cooking.

Good luck with connecting with this guild. It is often more fun and
motivating studying a subject with others. (There are lots of things
I wouldn't have tried cooking, much less eating, but for the
encouragement of some of the folks on this list).

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net