SC - Re: Wafer recipes

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Mon Jul 31 07:08:30 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/31/00 8:29:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

> Anyone else out there have a wafer iron and some funky wafer recipes.  How
>  >      common was it to serve wafers at a feast?
>
>  Apparently it has not been uncommon in the East Kingdom. I don't know if
>  it has
>  ever been done at an Ansteorran feast. And I have only done it for a
>  Yule pot
>  luck local feast and for the Royalty and entourage at a small luncheon.
>  I'd like
>  to spread the idea around some in Ansteorra. It was apparently fairly
common
>  at some period feasts.

I have served the recipe from Le Menagier, a wine, egg and flour wafer to 100
feasters a few years ago. I used a Pizelle iron, think Italian lacy wedding
cookies, probably 4-5 inches in diameter. Yum. I froze them in layers and
they came out nice. They were served with the "Snowe" recipe in Forme of Cury
I believe. I've posted the recipes a number of times, so I don't want to
waste bandwidth. They are I believe in the Florilegium. Let me know if they
can't be found.

Hauviette

Hauviette