SC - viking barley bread

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Mon Jul 10 22:33:19 PDT 2000

On Mon, 27 Aug 1956, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Silly, get Thora to teach it for our EKU session! I'm pretty sure that
> was her project. Or is she gonna insist on messing about with looms?
> (For those of you who don't know Mistress Thora Sharptooth, she is the
> East Kingdom's very own answer to the Viking Answer Lady).

And hopefully one with a more realistic usage of title. Whoever
suggested "Härskarinna" as a translation for "Mistress" should be burnt
together with his or her dictionary.

ObFood: how about various porridges? Skyr? Black pudding? There is a
bread that was reconstructed from grave-finds on Birka[1]. There was
probably a date mentioned in the original post, since deleted, but there
might be things in season (bilberries, lingonberries, plums, hawthorn,
sloan, salmon) that could be used.

/UlfR
 half expecting the VAL to pop up and flame him

[1] IIRC it was primarilly barley, slightly soured/self-risen. I
*should* have the recipie somewhere, but might have list it in a move.

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
perl -pwle '$_ .= reverse'