SC - RE: sca-cooks V1 #2436

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Tue Jul 11 22:03:26 PDT 2000

Hi again from Eden,

Brighid suggested re my request for demo ideas:
> How about bringing a mortar and pestle and something to grind in it?
> Let the visitors see for themselves what kind of work went
> into medieval
> food preparation.  Kids love an excuse to bang and thump.

you know I thought the same thing, & I've tried it two years in a row now to
resounding disinterest.  I suspect if I had a whacking big medieval mortar
they'd love it, but my dinky little spice mortar sets neither hearts nor
hands a-thumping :->

they have some old holy water founts at an antique store near here that look
mighty similar to medieval mortars & I stare at them with great lust in my
heart - don't worry, they've been deconsecrated, I think it's OK to lust
after them now ;->

Eden

WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com