Gutters, mind on (was: SC - Getting over it. (Way...way off topic.))

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Tue Jul 11 22:23:02 PDT 2000

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:

> And it came to pass on 11 Jul 00,, that Morgana Abbey wrote:
>
> > Now get your mind out of the gutter, Stefan.
>
> I'm certain that Stefan is merely gathering material for the Florilegium
> (gutter-msg -- Gutters and sewers.  Period methods of wastewater
> disposal).

I was a couple of weeks ago looking at a medieval castle in Suffolk
(Orford, 12th century). Very interesting solution to kitchen sinks.
Basically a shallow stone basin that had a drain in one end that ended
up in a spout on the outside of the walls. Also a main kitchen with the
window placed so you had the light from the left when facing the two
fireplaces.

Of course I didn't bring my camera, why did you ask?

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man.       - George Bernard Shaw