SC - cornstarch

BalthazarBlack at aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Fri Jul 14 10:29:57 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/14/00 10:22:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lilinah at earthlink.net writes:

> So, where is arrowroot from originally? Was it used anywhere in "period"?

Arrowroot is a New World food, I believe... knowledge of the use of which was
given by North American Indian tribes who had been using it for a good long
time for it's alleged therapeutic qualities for the treatment of arrow
wounds.  Its a starch extracted from the roots of certain tropical plants,
though which ones, exactly, escape me at the moment.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.