SC - Need help

AlviraMacD at aol.com AlviraMacD at aol.com
Tue Jul 18 00:40:08 PDT 2000

Greetings,
    My name is Alvira MacDonald and I am new to the list.  I will be cooking
a feast the weekend before Thanksgiving for our shire's Toys for Tots event.
    I have pretty much decided on a later period Germanic theme.  I'm stuck
though on a couple of points.  In the third remove I would like to do a
roasted beef.  Could someone point me in the right direction for inspiration?
    It is a dry site, what would be good to serve to drink?
    My last question, for now <g>, is that I would like to use sour cherries
as one of the sweets.  Would it be appropriate to make a compote?
    Thank you for your help!  Alvira