SC - Digest 2449 - germanic request

Martina Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Tue Jul 18 09:42:00 PDT 2000

Greeting Lady Alvira

if you are interested in Period late German, I am in the process of webbing a
German cookbook from 1581.
Go to the URL and click on the splash page to enter

http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/Welcome.html

If you read German (better yet period (I think it is Middle High) German)
there are links to transliterations of the period book, if you do not read
German some of the recipes have been translated by me, in the section called
"The Rumpolt Project."

The closest thing to a Saurbraten is probably recipe #44 of the beef section
(you have to click on the link to Thomas' site to get it).  IF I have time I
will translate it later this afternoon.

Please contact me on or off-list if I can be of  further assistance.

In Service to the Dream

Gwen Catrin von Berlin