SC - Edible weeds

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 20:02:44 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/18/00 1:22:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tinyzoo at aracnet.com writes:

<< Maybe we should send packets of Dandelion seeds to Ethiopia >>

I suspect that reintroducing the Ethiopians to the eating of locusts on which
they used to grow fat would be a better solution. :-)

BTW, Dandelions in the US are an escapee of a garden plant introduced from
Europe very early in US history. The leaves are delicious when cooked as
greens; raw in salads when young, the buds a re good steamed and served with
butter, salt and pepper; the roots have great herbal medicinal use.......

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/