SC - Re: Bile?

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Jul 23 06:20:31 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/22/2000 8:09:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<<
 Incorrect. Bile is made in the gall bladder which is green sack which is
 located in close proximity to the liver. It serves it's own function
however,
 and releases 'bile' to the digestive tract through an independent duct.

Oops,
Nope.  Not quite.  My gall bladder was totally removed over twenty five years
ago, and I still make bile to digest my food.  Bile is made in the liver.
The function of the gall bladder is to store the bile and release it into the
digestive tract when needed for digestion.
One of the few after effects of a cholesystectomy is that one must keep some
food in one's digestive tract in order to keep the bile from beginning to
digest things other than food.
If I try a "starvation" diet, I very soon have the MOST horrid "heartburn."

Mordonna the Cook
SunDragon, Atenveldt