SC - Herbs in Pregnancy.

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Jul 24 05:42:56 PDT 2000

> When one is pregnant, you should avoid Goldenseal (it reduces blood flow to
> the baby) and Pennyroyal (as it is an abortifactant).

There are a number of herbs, including Rue, that show up in period recipes
that are not good for pregnant women and their babies. So, your best bet
would be to look up ALL the herbs you use in a reputable modern Herbal
such as Penelope Ody's _Complete Medicinal Herbal_ or the _PDR for Herbal
Medicine_.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"Scratch a lover and find a foe." -- Dorothy Parker