SC - Help - Dangerous Herbs

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Jul 24 06:25:33 PDT 2000

> The danger is always in the dosage. I could possibly be wrong, as any person
> could, but I don't know that the amounts used in foods can cause abortions.

Depends on the herb. Again, I'd suggest checking a reputable herbal -- or
better, several-- rather than using the 'Net. (Don't use Culpepper's or
Gerard's Herbal; also, don't rely on Mrs. Grieve's Modern Herbal to give
an herb a clean bill of health.

Most herbs commonly used in modern food are safe in food quantities.
However, period recipes often use herbs that aren't commonly used in
modern food.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"Scratch a lover and find a foe." -- Dorothy Parker