SC - Bounced message, Re: Bile, gallbladders and livers

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Jul 24 07:46:56 PDT 2000

At 10:08 PM 7/22/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 21:54:57 EDT
>From: LrdRas at aol.com
>Subject: Aopologies-Re: SC - Manual de mujeres #
>
>My apologies. Bile is in fact secreted by the liver and stored in the
gall
>bladder. :-(
>
>Ras

I have to agree with Lord Ras on this one.  I know this from over a year
of
research on the topic due to a personal matter: I have gallstones.  I am

afraid of surgery (or more precisely, what unknown side effects to the
anesthesia I might have during surgery, as I am ULTRA sensitive to
medications and anesthetics specifically!) so I have been learning how
control my gall bladder attacks through diet and natural remedies to
avoid
surgery.  I have learned definitively that the LIVER secretes the bile
(or
else they would not perform NEARLY so many cholecystectomies every week
all
across the US!!  Because Bile is required for proper digestive tract
function.  You can live without your gallbladder, but you can't live
without your liver.  The gallbladder stones are composed of Cholesterol,

which is why Ultrasound does not work to shatter them and allow them to
escape.  I've yet to understand why they can't just open up the
galbladder
and REMOVE the stones and close it up again to let you keep it for it's
digestive function (many people are unable to eat high fat foods like
cheese, pizza, hamburgers, cakes, etc. for the rest of their lives after

gallbladder surgery because it causes severe stomach aches and diahrea
without the gallbladder to administer the proper amounts of bile to the
system).  Apparently the chance of recurrence is so high that they don't

want to have to do the surgery twice.  I personally think patients
should
have a choice in the matter, but who am I to say... just a patient I
guess.
     Anyway, the thought of using bile in a recipe does sound absolutely

GROSS to me.  But it is not created in the gallbladder, it is stored
there.  The gallbladder (at least in humans, I have NO IDEA in
cows!!!  They have 4 stomachs and I don't understand how THAT works
either)
is about the size of your thumb.  Not really big enough to be used as a
purse!!!  I would think it's size would be relatively comprable in other

animals though.
      There is a LOT of medical information at your fingertips on the
internet!  You should do a little research on human biological
function!  It is fascinating.

- -Laurene

        COME SEE OUR WEB SITE!
           http://welcome.to/tinyzoo