SC - My anti modern cheese thing was: toys for tot feast

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Jul 26 14:26:10 PDT 2000

> I do not know how many small shires have broke their budget with modern
> processed yellow cheese that somebody spent valuable time cubing, that by the
> time it gets to the table is dried out and ugly to look at.

How would you serve cheese? I am under the impression that cheese was in
fact eaten as cheese, not just integrated into foods. We generally put it
into dayboards (in fact when there is no cheese people whine), rather than
in feasts. I even felt good about it because I thought bread and cheese
were food that might be eaten in the same way we eat dayboards,
to break the fast during the middle of an active day. But I thought they
meant harder 'keepable' cheeses not soft cheeses meant for immediate
consumption... I'm confused now.

Again, what do you mean by 'processed yellow cheese'? Processed
'american' cheese? Or Cheddar, Cooper, Monterey Jack, Muenster, etc?
I've never had cheese 'dry out' but that is because we are very careful to
not put the cheeses out more than a reasonable quantity at a time so they
get gobbled up before they go soft and yucky from the heat. (That way
people don't take too much either, which stretches your protein
budget.)

> Her apprentice is my friend and could better speak about the wondrous soft
> herbed cheeses she makes.  Unfortunately I do not have her last Queen's prize
> documentation where I can get it.  Suffice to say she did her research.
> The closest I can find in the modern world, at least here, is "farmers
> cheese."

'Farmer cheese' around here usually doesn't have herbs in it. I'd love to
see her documentation for herbed cheeses though, maybe we could use the
herbed farmer cheese sometimes. However, around here unless you get a deal
it's much more expensive than cheddar and muenster...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the
	nuts work loose.
They do not preach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when
	they damn-well choose. " -Kipling, "The Sons of Martha"