SC - My anti modern cheese thing

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 27 07:43:51 PDT 2000

DeeWolff at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/27/00 9:32:35 AM, troy at asan.com writes:
>
> >Now, of course, as with the original postor in this thread, I'm not
> >always given my druthers, and will sometimes allow honey butter (gak!)
> >and herbed curd cheese to appear.
>
> Okay, so how many people go to the effort of providing proper accompaniments
> to the bread portion of their feast  and get innundated by the feasters and
> the autocrats with...
> "So , someone forgot to put out the honey butter.."
> My reply.."No they haven't, I didn't make any, it's an SCA custom, not
> period".
> Their reply.."Okay, so you'll make some for me right??".
> My reply...."AAARRGGHHH!!!"
>
> Explained until blue in the face....now I don't even keep the honey in sight.
>
> Andrea

It also helps to explain that in this part of the world, cooks who
aren't just cooking for fun (i.e. doing exactly what they want to do and
nothing else) get paid around $15/hour, often more, and that butter
looks pretty cold and hard, perhaps they should come back in three or
four hours.

But yes, you awful person, you, how dare you try to introduce change to
the Ancient and Venerable Traditions of Ignorance fostered by some
SCAdians? I bet you even call removes courses, and don't like being
called a feastocrat!

Adamantius, slinking off
- --
Phil & Susan Troy