SC - My anti modern cheese thing

BalthazarBlack at aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 10:47:38 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/27/00 7:48:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> It also helps to explain that in this part of the world, cooks who
>  aren't just cooking for fun (i.e. doing exactly what they want to do and
>  nothing else) get paid around $15/hour, often more,

Um....anyone hiring in your area??  You'd be hard pressed to find an
Executive Chef in my area who makes 15 smackers an hour...much less a cook.
Of course, our cost of living is so much less out here in So-Cal, so I guess
it evens out a bit.  As Food and Beverage Director for a local Hotel, I was
pulling in just under 3-grand a month, and that included running 3
full-service lounges, a 150 seat restaurant, 300-seat Banquet facility, and a
bowling alley snack bar....AND acting as Executive Chef to boot!!

By the way... I've got an interview coming in a few days for a position out
in the New York area.  We'll see what happens.  I may end up living next door
to Master Adamantius :)

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(Don't worry Master A.... I don't know how to pick a dead-bolt lock yet...)

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.