SC - My anti modern cheese thing

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 27 19:53:16 PDT 2000

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> --- BalthazarBlack at aol.com wrote:
> > In a message dated 7/27/00 7:48:35 AM Pacific
> > Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
> > writes:
> >
> > > It also helps to explain that in this part of the
> > world, cooks who
> > >  aren't just cooking for fun (i.e. doing exactly
> > what they want to do and
> > >  nothing else) get paid around $15/hour, often
> > more,
> >
> > Um....anyone hiring in your area??  You'd be hard
> > pressed to find an
> > Executive Chef in my area who makes 15 smackers an
> > hour...much less a cook.
>
> That is because you live in the boonies and not in
> Downtown Caid.  If you were Executive Chef of a hotel
> or restaurant in Beverly Hills or West Los Angeles,
> you would be making lots more.  I am sure that
> Wolfgang Puck earns infinitely more. :-)
>
> Huette

True. I was speaking of cooks, not executive chefs. I assume there's
some kind of cost-of-living-to salary ratio at work from place to place,
but it may not be in any kind of direct proportion. I expect, though,
that for the lesser amount of money you may pull in, your standard of
living is quite as respectable.

As for Wolfgang Puck, may he never earn what he's worth! I don't have
much respect for the man, but I don't want him to starve.

Adamantius (expecting trouble for this one!)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com